Go to footer

Hello Again! Q, A, & S

The real reason you all come here and we know it.

Re: Just a Spoiler

Postby K2! » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:24 pm

On the Nekomimis of the MADh Vinyl Universe

Nekomimis fall into the fantastic creatures category along with fairies, elves, ogres, and other “mythical” creatures. Once these creatures were very prevalent on the earth, but as belief in their existence declined so did their numbers. As their population diminished, big people took less notice of them till the vast majority of the population no longer believed in their existence. As a result many of these mythical races have become extinct. After centuries of conditioning, most people disbelieve in the existence of these creatures and consequently this causes these creatures to go completely unnoticed. This is why they can walk about in public with no notice from the big people around them. Recent exposure in manga and anime have helped keep the nekomimi safe from extinction.

Due to their similarity to normal humans, nekomimis are ideal test subjects for medical and other experiments involving human physiology. Nekomimis are purchased on the black market, mostly in Hong Kong or Singapore. The black market sellers get them primarily from Japan, where nekomimis originated. Research grade nekomimis are usually purchased when they are very young (months old) and most laboratories keep no more than one at a time. This is so they don’t consort or scheme together. Nekomimis mature fairly quickly at about a 5:1 ratio compared to normal humans, where a 3-year-old nekomimi would be the equivalent of a 15-year-old human in appearance and mental development. Once nekomimis reach 3 or 4 years of age the aging/maturing process appears to slow down greatly. It is uncertain exactly how long nekomimis live or if they spend their entire “adult” life looking and acting like cute, goofy little teenage girls. It has been found that nekomimi can be easier to control through a socialization process involving structured education and the social interaction of a school. Nekomimis are drawn to the scholastic environment.

Nekomimi can be flighty and fickle, momentarily passionate or clever, but almost always short sighted. This overall short sightedness greatly contributes to their average life span of 3-5 years. It is usually not long before their natural poor judgement catches up with them. Nekomimi most frequently die in embarrassing accidents of their own manufacture. The few remaining nekomimis are frequently killed by those enraged by their unfathomable logic or their unnatural kawaii. For a research facility keeping one nekomimi can be risky. Housing more than one is a sure invitation to disaster.

Nekomimis have a number of inherent traits and abilities. They are usually very intuitive, some more so than others. This intuition can get them into serious trouble, as most of the time they will over think a situation and an illogical decision can lead them to a bad end. Nekomimis also tend to bring those around them luck. Depending on the person, it could be good luck or bad luck from the same nekomimi. This could explain why some people are attracted to them and why others are compelled to bring harm to such a cute, seemingly good-natured creature.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: Q & A, 224 11 O'clock Shadow

Postby K2! » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 am

Evelien wrote:I'm a bit confused... Looks like Mittens has the Angela head but she had the Visuadoll Moegi head right? *confuzzled* Or is that perhaps her older version..? Or am I thinking and talking too much? XD
-edit- I am not high.. Here's the "old" Mittens you posted ages ago with the Moegi head:

I'm sure you've got your reasons for not using the Moegi head after all but they better be good cause that sculpt is soooo darn cute!!! ;)

Yes, originally Mittens was the Visuadoll Moegi (and she had two ponytails!). As I was finalizing wigs for her and the 48cm with the Alice head, I just couldn't get past the Moegi being much more mature looking and the Alice being younger and more innocent. So a trial switch was made and instantly I knew there was no going back. Mittens would be the Alice.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: Hello Again! Q, A, & S

Postby Evelien » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 am

I hope you'll turn Moegi into a sexy new character soon ^^
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby cirquemom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:23 pm

IMHO the Alice head is perfect for Mittens.

She needs to come out to California and learn some rotten tricks from Bonnie.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Evelien » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:13 pm

It IS perfect, I'm craving some Moegi spam though ^^.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Have you noticed that the 40cm Alice has a strong resistance to accepting other heads an/or becoming the character the doll was purchased for? They ALL seem to be strong willed! So why do I want to get one?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby K2! » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:01 am

Good News!
After months of development, the new Worlds of MADh Vinyl chart is up. As always there is more information, more explanation, and of course more mystery. The format is a bit different from previous charts so I thought I'd explain.
The early work up versions of v11 were becoming a horrible mess of hard to follow lines and arrows. It was really becoming impossible to diagram all the complex relationships of the individual characters. I ended up simplifying the whole mess by expanding the larger "groupings" and then only diagramming key relationships between groupings or individuals. The Venn diagram aspect of the chart has been replaced by adding multiple pictures of characters that exist in multiple places or to indicate their place of origin. A larger picture of the character usually indicates where the character currently resides. In the case of our schoolmate nekomimis, at their school where we'll see them the most. I have added brief descriptions to each character and episode references to the relationship descriptions. Finally, I have dropped the references to named "big people" as these were more or less clutter.

Enjoy!
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 am

K2! wrote: Nekomimis are purchased on the black market, mostly in Hong Kong or Singapore. The black market sellers get them primarily from Japan, where nekomimis originated.

Either I been cheated or I been looking for one in the wrong place. Mine is only 23cm. Must twist a few more arms to see if I can get my hands on a larger one.

thanks for the rough guide to nekomimis
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Swan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:57 am

Re that chart: THANK YOU K2! / @#$!! YOU K2! XD
You give us a wonderful new chart and at the *same* time you tease us with all sorts of new characters, obscure references to things not seen etc! GRRRR / YAAAY!

Something K2 didn't mention but I noticed immediately is the "frame" around the pictures. A heavier black frame (Hyatt, Penny, Noburu) indicates the character is dead. I LOL'ed at the one around Robbie! Broken black = undead! Interestingly enough Hyacinth does NOT have a broken black frame. Vampire? Perhaps NOT. Maybe she is some other version of Japanese spirit-being?

Anyway, yes, good job! And look at all the LABS involved in experiments! Wow, so it's NOT all one place, but four, five or more.

/me settles in with a huge bowl of popcorn.

Swan
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby K2! » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:14 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:
K2! wrote: Nekomimis are purchased on the black market, mostly in Hong Kong or Singapore. The black market sellers get them primarily from Japan, where nekomimis originated.

Either I been cheated or I been looking for one in the wrong place. Mine is only 23cm. Must twist a few more arms to see if I can get my hands on a larger one.

thanks for the rough guide to nekomimis

Have Megu-Chun help you look. She might be able to spot things you'd overlook. But be careful, those bigger nekomimis are expensive.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to MADh Vinyl