Go to footer

The Girls (and Guys) of MADh Vinyl

The real reason you all come here and we know it.

Re: The Girls of MADh Vinyl

Postby K2! » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 pm

The Technical Data given in the "Beach" version are:
race
preferred style/cut of swimwear
sunscreen used
favorite beach/water activity
favorite location for such activity
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Jade_Hunter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:33 pm

K2! wrote:
Jade_Hunter wrote:I thought Hyatt was a computer virus

She is. The "demon/elf" designation refers to her "biological" form. More on that in future episodes. I do love a good flash back...
Even though she has met her demise at the hands of another of her kind, I haven't removed her from the cast list for fear of the repercussions. Hyatt still comes out of "retirement" on occasion for some "outside of the story" events, like Mythicalbusters, MADh Vinyl Xmas Special, etc.

I also love the "Mythical spoofers" I still get to see my favorite MADh Gal, even when demos has to be done she is so funny... I wish there was a way to see more of her...
Jade_Hunter

The Yamato VMF50s, A reasonably accurate history. Dec. 2010

Postby K2! » Thu May 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Discussion continued from Junky Spot Forum (http://www.junkyspot.com/OBITSU/forums/ ... opic=25851)
I could go on for an extended time on these so (yes, even longer) if you have specific questions, please ask.
Currently the only way to purchase a Yamato VMF50 is by using a proxy buyer on Yahoo Japan Auctions or the occasional sale period on the Yamato Japanese web site. The VMF bodies (non fullsets) retail for about 28000yen to 35000yen through the Yamato web site. Closing prices on YJA have been upwards of 55000yen as of late (3/2011).

The bodies in question are the Yamato VMF50s. There are a number of variants, the first VMF50 was available for order in May 2008 as a limited edition of the Macross character Minmay. Minmay used the stock Obitsu 50cm body (retail 59800yen). Later that summer there was also a China Dress costume available (retail 14800yen).
ImageImage

The following August, Yamato announced the second VMF50 model, the anime character Kanu Unchou from Ikki Tousen. For Kanu, Yamato had custom vinyl made and dubbed her the VMF 50 Type B and was delivered in December 2008. There were two limited releases of the Kanu full set, one in her abbreviated school uniform and a second release of her in a pink nurse outfit in March 2009 (retail 56800yen).
ImageImage

Shortly after the first Type Bs shipped, Yamato announced they would briefly sell the Type B bodies in early December 2008 (retail 28000yen).
After this initial sale of the base Type B body, there were several additional unannounced sale periods. Later that winter a number of outfits and footwear made to fit the VMF50 Type B were sold.

Fall 2009, Yamato released their next version of the Type B, this time using their own original character named Miu. Like Kanu, Miu used the Type B body (retail 68000yen).

In the early winter 2010 Yamato released their next VMF50, another original character, named Risa. Risa was given a new smaller bust and slimmer hips and thighs. The body was dubbed the Type D (retail 35000yen).
In conjunction with Risa's release, Yamato launched the girl*holic line of clothing for the VMF50s

The next Yamato offering in March 2010 was the third original character, also using the Type B body, named Mika (retail 35000yen).

Although both Risa and Mika were sold with a complete face up and body blush, both came without a wig or an outfit.

The Summer and Fall of 2010 saw the release of the VMF50 Type E with a new set of tan, reshaped vinyls. The Type E, named Yumi, was sold in limited quantities at Summer Wonderfest 2010 and later in a limited release from the Yamato site. Yumi was the first VMF to incorporate the new Obitsu ankles.

In October 2010 there was a limited release of Type B bodies in the tan skin.

The next release from Yamato in December 2010 was a rendition of the Nitro Super Sonico Mascot. Dubbed the Type A body, the vinyls are rounder and more voluptuous from neck to knees.

The next releases in March 2011 was the Type F named Ami and a tan skin version of the Type D Risa. The new Type F uses a smaller bust and larger hips and thighs.

Here is a comparison of four of the available 50cm bodies and 5 bust types. All VMF50 models use the stock Obitsu 50cm skeleton and some external vinyl parts like hands, feet, and forearms.
WARNING! DOLL NUDITY!
In the picture (left to right) are the stock Obitsu 50cm with the Obitsu large bust, the stock Obitsu 50cm with the stock medium bust, the Yamato VMF50 Type B, and the Yamato VMF50 Type D, and the Yamato VMF50 Type E.
50cm Bodies here.

More VMFs (left to right): Type B w/Type D thighs, Type B w/stock thighs, Type D, Type A, Type E, Type F.

For more owner pictures of the Yamato VMF bodies you can refer to the following girls appearing in MADh Vinyl: Mature Anna Marie and Avatar Jazz (full Type B), Hyacinth (Type B with stock Obitsu 50cm thighs), Sapphire (Type D with the Visuadoll Sora Aoki head), and Rhiani (Type E with Haruka head). Their pictures are scattered throughout the MADh Vinyl forum as well as a few images on JS.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Jade_Hunter » Thu May 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Just so Awesomely Kewl... I have to wait to save up to get one of these foxy VMF50's, I just got an 60 cm Obitsu my honey would really get sticky finger prints on the VMT50, more so that than the Obitsu...
Jade_Hunter

Postby Sixoclock » Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 am

How interchangeable are the parts from the VMF50 with the 50 cm Obitsu? I was wandering the Yamato site and I would really like to nab up a pair of the upper arms, as well as the VMF50 head (as seen on the Type B body image -- which I did not see as being able to be sold seperately :/).
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Ms. Geek » Sat May 08, 2010 10:29 am

Anna Marie-chan
(a.k.a. Pinky)

Physical Data
Headsculpt: Obitsu Haruka
Body: Volks MDD w/large bust, modified Obitsu 50cm skeleton, Unoa cat ears, chenille tail

Ummm...did you document this mod? Namiko-chan could use a REAL SKELETON inside her rather than the sorry compromise Volks uses. Namiko's arms go to pieces on a regular basis. Yes, you just slide them all back together, but still...AUGH!!! Why didn't freaking Volks just miniaturize DD2??????

(headdesk)
Ms. Geek

Re: 50cm Yamato/Obitsu

Postby K2! » Sat May 08, 2010 3:26 pm

PawnFeral wrote:How interchangeable are the parts from the VMF50 with the 50 cm Obitsu?

Extremely interchangeable. 99.99% interchangeable. The VMF50 and the Obitsu 50cm are essentially the same doll/body. The only difference I've noticed is that the Obitsu stock thighs are a little taller than those of the VMF50 Type B, but the skeleton inside both is the same and can compensate for this minor difference.
Notice the difference of height between Anna Marie and Hyacinth. They are the same body except for Hyacinth's longer stock Obitsu thighs.

I was wandering the Yamato site and I would really like to nab up a pair of the upper arms, as well as the VMF50 head (as seen on the Type B body image -- which I did not see as being able to be sold separately :/).

The initial sales of the Type B (Kanu) Yamato had a fixed length ordering period. Yamato would take all orders and then the dolls were delivered several months later. Subsequent sales had limited quantities and items were available till sold out. In late March 2010 Yamato put all the individual vinyl parts available for sale, for both the Type B and Type D. Some of the parts sold out quickly (busts and torsos) and some are available.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby K2! » Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Ms. Geek wrote:Anna Marie-chan
(a.k.a. Pinky)

Physical Data
Headsculpt: Obitsu Haruka
Body: Volks MDD w/large bust, modified Obitsu 50cm skeleton, Unoa cat ears, chenille tail

Ummm...did you document this mod? Namiko-chan could use a REAL SKELETON inside her rather than the sorry compromise Volks uses. Namiko's arms go to pieces on a regular basis. Yes, you just slide them all back together, but still...AUGH!!! Why didn't freaking Volks just miniaturize DD2??????

(headdesk)

Here's Pinky's reintroduction post from the 13Doll forum, April 2009:

PINKY!

Wait! What's this? That's the same old Pinky!

Well, she hasn't changed much on the outside (note the elbows), but she is entirely new on the inside. Her old Volks Mini Dollfie Dream skeleton is completely gone, replaced with a combination of Obitsu 50cm and 60cm parts. She still needs a few tweaks, but she holds a poses like a dream, or more accurately, like an Obitsu, magnetic feet and all.

Isn't she cuuuuuuuuute!?

Note: There will be no tutorial detailing the transformation procedure.
The Management

Pinky's whole MDD body was always very floppy. I remember the original MDD arms (at the shoulders), the hands/wrists (from inside the forearm), and the feet (from inside the shin) being extremely loose and constantly falling out. Being my first Volks Dollfie Dream I expected posing performance more similar to the multiple Obitsus I owned. I wrote Volks about possibly tightening the joints and their response was that I should use a doll stand. Some people on DoA have reported improvements in joint tightness by installing KIPS in the rotary joints.
http://www.volksusa.com/kips.html
This wasn't enough for the sort of posing I had in mind for little Pinky. Complete skeletal replacement was my only recourse.

Over all, Pinky's skeleton-ectomy was very successful. She holds a pose very well and supports her own weight, doing things that the old MDD skeleton couldn't do, like holding her arms out for extended periods of time and supporting the weight of other objects like a computer mouse. A lot of the initial modifications went well, some required extreme modifications of parts. Trying to match the Volks vinyls with the Obitsu 50cm and 60cm parts was at times arduous. Yet Pinky's modification continues to be an ongoing project. Right now the connection from the knee joints to the shin bones are being reworked. The major modifications took place over several months and because of this length of time and the trial and error nature of some of the mods, photographic documentation was not done.

For your shoulder joint looseness (and for other places where a peg fits in a hole), you might try placing a wrap or two of thin transparent tape (like Scotch brand) on the peg and reinserting in the sleeve. This slight addition to the peg diameter can help keep those joints/parts in place longer. Start with a single wrap and work up if needed. Putting too much tape on the peg can cause the sleeve to split so go slow.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Ms. Geek » Sat May 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Namiko has the redesigned knees, so she can actually stand well:

(This reminds me I have a ton of photoshopping and uploading to do)

I envy your girl's ability to pose and her flexibility. The most annoying thing about MDD is that there is a frakkin JOINT in the waist and yet IT DOESN'T move!!! One thing that has been keeping her together has been her undersuit. It's made of that industrial-strength spandex they make human swimsuits out of. It kind of acts like ligaments and muscles keeping the joints together. It will also keep her vinyl unstained.

Note that she is also not as developed as your cutie catgrrl. Well, she's 12 years old, a little more kid-like than Tween like, and a tomboy. Not every Dollfie Dream needs to be hypersexualized. And hypersexualized MDDs...well, they sort of squick me out. Your catgrrl is more-or-less adult and of a different race of creature than hoomanz. (Do catgrrls speak LOLcat?) But I'm sure you've seen MDDs in adult-like lingerie...ugh.
Ms. Geek

Postby K2! » Sat May 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Ms. Geek wrote:One thing that has been keeping her together has been her undersuit. It's made of that industrial-strength spandex they make human swimsuits out of. It kind of acts like ligaments and muscles keeping the joints together. It will also keep her vinyl unstained.

The undersuit is a good idea for additional joint strength. Be aware that the under suit will stain and given enough time those stains may transfer to the vinyl.

Note that she is also not as developed as your cutie catgrrl. Well, she's 12 years old, a little more kid-like than Tween like, and a tomboy. Not every Dollfie Dream needs to be hypersexualized. And hypersexualized MDDs...well, they sort of squick me out.

You might want to stay away from Nyoko-chan.

Your catgrrl is more-or-less adult and of a different race of creature than hoomanz.

Actually Pinky is a younger version of Anna Marie, a sort of overdeveloped adolescent. That part of the story can be found here.

(Do catgrrls speak LOLcat?)

I don't know about LOLcat but they do speak real cat.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to MADh Vinyl