Go to footer

#33 Time Flies

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

#33 Time Flies

Postby Trethowan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:39 pm

The previous post
#32 Posted on May 8, 2013.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8477

The very first post
#1 Uninvited Guests, wow... posted June 2011.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2912

So it's been a while, eh? I forgot what I did so before I could even write a re-cap I had to go back and re-read things. It helped too cause I've lost their voices a bit, if that makes any sense.

On to the recapping! Let's see. Foster restored the chibified gang to their rightful sizes. Micah let him stay at the apartment, which was getting quite packed. I've decided that Ina moved in with Jillian because living with too many boys was just gross. The Trifecta gang, monster hunters extraordinaire, had orders from on high to deal with the fairy problem. Abraham is a shaman. In my world, shamans are on the top of the food chain and can suck the supernatural life force out of anything inhuman, be it vampire, werewolf, fairy, sprite, or nymph. That makes human warlocks their only serious magical threat. I had written that Abe was intimidated by Ivan because of his age. The older the vampire the more resistant they become to shamany-magic.

So, they captured Foster over a year ago in real world time. It's too long for story time. We'll just say it's been a few weeks. Ivan has been locked in a coma-like state. I'd previously alluded to the fact that they were tracking a vampire that was actually out killing folks, so why hasn't Abe released him yet? I'll answer that later. Why capture Foster? Well, back home he is pretty much a throne-usurping, war-starting little shit and nobody likes him. He and his brothers were all fighting for the throne but the rightful king is just a toddler. The Regent is pretty useless and couldn't defend the throne. Plus Foster took with him the Jewel of Eolande and it's quite a powerful magical item. Do you really want world-shattering magical power in the hands of a megalomaniacal little fairy? No. Not really.

Ina and Vargas have gone back home to Eolande to find Foster and force him to restore Ivan. They assumed he cast a spell on Ivan and ran away. Poor guy just returned from his harrowing adventures with Santa and Yukiko (Kiki's girl) and now I've done this to him. I'm so mean to my characters.

Lastly, it feels so weird to not have my Magical Anywhere Couch and proper sunlight like I did at the old house. But to make up for it, soon I'll have an actual dollhouse in my little basement doll room. Rock on! And I'm so super sorry, if I'd used my flash the photos wouldn't all be this horrible orange. I don't have time to re-take them. So sorry!!!!!

Jillian stopped by to visit the boys late Thursday night. She'd been thinking about the night she found Ivan unconscious on the floor. It was the hair pins. Something about their placement on the floor was nagging at her. It wasn't right. She'd intended to tell the boys what she'd thought. Perhaps Ina and Vargas were looking in the wrong place.

"Any word from Ina?" Jillian asked.

"Nothing," Micah said. The worry was evident by his expression. "I'm afraid she's gotten into some sort of trouble. She was a friend to Foster, if he was arrested, then what if she was too? There could be some sort of trial, or... something."

*text text text* Lee didn't look up from his phone but said, "I overheard Ivan say Foster was a political exile. They'll probably just execute the guy and all his supporters. I mean, that's sorta what monarchies do to traitors, right? Right?"

*crickets*

"You're not helping," Ryan said to his half-brother. "Like, not at all, dude."

"It's gonna be fine," Ryan said. "Check out this badass snake pillow I got. Gonna totally freak out Vargas when he and Ina get back. It'll be awesome, man. You'll see."

"It's just gotta be okay. You'll see."

Abraham stopped by for a visit so Jillian decided to wait before she brought up her suspicions. "Hello, friend."
"Hey Abe." Micah mustered a smile for his librarian friend. "What have you been up to this week?"

"Work has kept me busier than usual. Sorry I haven't been by this week." Abe said. "I do have the best interests of my friends at heart, however. It's why I've come to see you."
"Oh really?" Micah smiled. "Bring any books with you?"
"Not this time. I wanted to ask you about your friend Ivan. Haven't seen him around lately. Did he move?"
"No, he's visiting family. In Russia." Micah rubbed his hands on his knees.
"I see." Abraham asked Micah and Ryan all sorts of questions about Ivan. What he was like, what he did for a living, how he treated people, and even if he had friends outside their group. It was sort of weird and Jillian thought the questions were a bit invasive.

"Check out my snake head, dude!" Ryan laughed.
"It's very nice." Abe managed a smile. "Micah, perhaps you will come and see me at the library. Say tomorrow evening? I've a proposition for you."
"Um, sure. That sounds fine. Is seven o'clock okay?"

"That will be perfect." Abe smiled.

"Hey, that weird-ass Foster kid said you were a shaman." Lee didn't look up from his phone. "I'm a warlock, yo. Horde for the win. What server you on?"
"Server?"
"Yeah man, I'm on Alter of Storms. It's PVP. You wanna play me? I'll DPS your ass into the ground, dude. Your totems won't last a minute."
"Will you now." Abe's lips curved ever so slightly. "I can assure you my totems are quite sound."
Jillian frowned. She thought for sure that Lee knew Foster was a real fairy. Why was he bringing up video games to the librarian? Lee had a strange expression, as did Abe.

Ryan whispered, "I'm so sorry man. My brother can be weird sometimes. Like, he's totally sucked into WoW lately. Even I'm worried about him and I never worry."
"It's quite all right," Abraham said. "I'm sure it's just a phase."

"I need to get going. Micah, call me if you hear anything. There's something I need to talk to you about. I'll call you tomorrow."
"Okay, see you later," he answered.

"Nice to see you again, Abraham." Jillian paused and added, "It's good that you're so conscientious of Micah's friends." Her eyes narrowed as she waited for a response.

"It's what friends are for," Abraham said. "Travel safely tonight."

Geeee... I did a story! I couldn't remember anything about anyone. I swear the mommy brain thing is crazy. My recall is totally shot. I'm so tired I can't think straight. I hope this crazy thing passes for entertainment. HA!

"It's not fair," Ivan pouted. "I want to be in the story! I'm king, I demand to be in the story."

(my friend drew this picture for me. It's King Ivan looking kingly. The word bubble is an inside joke from watching Enchanted. We giggle at the idea of Ivan saying this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbDwRY3VqKc

NEXT EPISODE: #34 Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10364
Last edited by Trethowan on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: #33 Time Flies

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Hooray for another story!! And that picture is great! Well, it does seem to be getting interesting. I hope Jillian will be alright.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Trethowan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:36 am

Jillian can handle anything. She's the toughest character I've got. I just never quite knew how to fit her in. Girl power!
Trethowan

Postby richila » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:17 pm

It is time for Jillian to kick some butt.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby quidam » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:01 am

Yay! New story!!!
I was wondering what would happen to that snake head! :lol:
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:43 am

Snake head pillow. It's just goofy enough to work. :-p
Trethowan

Postby jemlovecraft » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:43 pm

It's good to see Jillian back! And it's good to see you back, too. ;) I suppose the doll couch could become the Magical Somewhere Couch, couldn't it? Not quite as cool, but still handy to show that they're in the apartment...

I can't wait to see where this ends up going.
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby Trethowan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:30 pm

jemlovecraft wrote:It's good to see Jillian back! And it's good to see you back, too. ;) I suppose the doll couch could become the Magical Somewhere Couch, couldn't it? Not quite as cool, but still handy to show that they're in the apartment...

I can't wait to see where this ends up going.

Indeed, this is true. I could pull a Bedknobs and Broomsticks and have the couch form as a secondary mode of transportation. hahahahaha I just need an Angela Landsbury doll. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trethowan

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone