Go to footer

WonFes Winter reports trickling in.

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

WonFes Winter reports trickling in.

Postby Ms. Geek » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:56 am

Here's one from Figure.FM: http://www.figure.fm/post/en/23444/WonFes+2011+winter+Dolls.html

Obitsu in particular has some very interesting stuff. Are you ready for a 1:1 scale, 150cm/4' 11" doll? Because that's what Obitsu had on display at this year's WonFes. They also had, on the other side of the scale, a 11cm (4.3") 1/6 scale toddler. That's almost Puki-Puki tiny. Obitsu is clearly positioning itself to be the leader as far as how many size niches their dolls occupy. Someone's going to do a dancing baby stop motion animation with this little tyke.

Bad news: no pix of production Obitsu 65cm male hottie yet. However, I have seen more sightings of the prototype. Can't share the source now but they at least have another resin prototype of the body.

Azone and Yamato have some interesting stuff there too. Some of the Yamato dolls are quite scantily clad, but enough is covered to where I'd say it's SFW.
Ms. Geek

Re: WonFes Winter reports trickling in.

Postby Geektopian » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:18 pm

I spend so much time looking for information about model kits (especially Maschinen Krieger stuff) that I forget about the dolls! :lol I saw the 11 cm Obitsu on their website but I definitely want to check out the coverage of it at WonderFest, too.

Anybody have ideas about what sort of clothes they would wear?

Anyway, thanks for posting the link!
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby K2! » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Ms. Geek wrote:Are you ready for a 1:1 scale, 150cm/4' 11" doll? Because that's what Obitsu had on display at this year's WonFes.

Emmmm, gonna wait for the large bust option.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Mary Kathryn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:00 pm

*snortlaugh @ K2*

Sooner or later I'm going to have to get my hands on a YAMATO vmf50 doll. I hope the Obitsu tinies show up sooner rather than later.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:13 pm

Oh my gosh the 11 cm Obitsu is even cuter then the default image we got. Their so little! (AKA My TFA OC Tori's doll incarnation is being planned with that body.)
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Ms. Geek wrote: 1:1 scale, 150cm/4' 11" doll.

1:1 Chi Round 2?
She would be as tall as I am :shock: I'm curious to see if Giant Obi can stand on her own.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:18 pm

So I was right! That 150 cm Obitsu was wearing normal kid clothes! So their as tall as normal people....

If that doesn't make VOLKS worried I don't know what will.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Hmmm I dunno. It's not so much an Obitsu doll as we know them as a life sized little girl doll. I would think the market for that would be a bit limited. I know that someone makes a resin life-sized toddler, but this is a bit older than that (think 9-13 :roll: years old) and....I don't think it would sell to the usual crowd, certainly not the Volks crowd. And a life sized child doll...it kind of screams pedobait to me.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Geektopian » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:Hmmm I dunno. It's not so much an Obitsu doll as we know them as a life sized little girl doll. I would think the market for that would be a bit limited. I know that someone makes a resin life-sized toddler, but this is a bit older than that (think 9-13 :roll: years old) and....I don't think it would sell to the usual crowd, certainly not the Volks crowd. And a life sized child doll...it kind of screams pedobait to me.

Yeah, it's a neat promotional gimmick but I couldn't see wanting to own one. And then there's the whole "lonely otaku" thing which just gives me the creeps to consider. :shock:
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:48 pm

There's plenty of 150cm tall women though... And this is in Japan so... yeah...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!