Go to footer

Many Pretty Anime & Game Mermaids!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Many Pretty Anime & Game Mermaids!

Postby Geektopian » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Daaaaa-yam! :shock: That's some amazing work!
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:39 pm

:hugs: Awww, thanks, everybody!!!!!! I'm soooooo happy you like them!!!!! :hugs again:

I've actually never seen the Little Mermaid (anime) version, so I didn't know they were so popular or well-known!!! I didn't even know such an anime existed until these were commissioned and I saw the pictures. ^^ :laughs:

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:I like no1, her features are so soft and pretty and no6 is awesome in a darker kind of way

I agree!!!! Those were my favorites, too, along with #12, Tiara and #7, Mana. I thought those 4 were the most imposing somehow.

Also, #8 (Mer, I think) was made using the custom mermaid tail kit that Yah-sama sold me last year or so. I was really thrilled to make a mermaid from it that would be going to someone who REALLY loves mermaids! So she was fun to make, too, because of that poseable tail! Though her attire and detailing were REALLY insane!!!! So many little sculpted thingys everywhere!!!! :laughs:

All of these mermaids were commissioned by the same person over a period of about 6-8 months. (Also, all the DD mermaids we've made.) He is a HUGE mermaid aficionado and particularly loves the anime Little Mermaid, so he wanted all the sisters. ^^ It was fun making them, since they were so colorful and pretty! I love doingfull 'sets' so it was right up my alley!

Thanks for liking the clothing! My sister is really amazing, isn't she?! I don't know how she does it sometimes----the scale is sooooooo tiny! I can just about handle 1/3 scale outfitting, but she can even do 1/9 scale outfits! (for tiny 6" sized dolls) I guess we've done so many 1/6 dolls, it's just like second nature to her now!

Anyway, thanks for liking them and taking time to comment! It really means a lot to me!!! I've been so behind in posting all the dolls we've been making, but I'll try to post more soon!!!!

:hugs:

God bless!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Mary Kathryn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:25 am

Beautiful! Lorelei is my absolute favorite.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lokiholic » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:19 am

Those are amazing. Man, now I want a mermaid to go with my fairies. I love fantasy creatures.
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:54 am

The Saban Little Mermaid? I have the pilot on VHS somewhere.

I wish I had some of that fabric to make fish tails.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:12 am

I love mermaids in general and all of yours are just amazing. Beautiful work!!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale