Go to footer

Granado Titan Comparison Shots (page 2 and 4)

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Re: This is just evil of me... Photo UPDATE to negate evilne

Postby Qrinta » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:48 am

He is glorious! So huge. O.O
Haha, Ivan is still the best. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:28 pm

A 0-3 month romper. The neckline is off-scale and the size isn't what I had in mind. The garment was bigger than a newborn onesie so it's not quite right. I was thinking I might try to alter it a bit.

Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Somehow it reminds me of hip-hop and baggy clothes

Seeing your pics made me head down to the baby aisle to eyeball their clothes, If it weren't for the button opening in the shoulder, I probably grab some t-shirt and a hoodie for my slightly smaller dude.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Trethowan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:19 am

that might be pretty cool. :-) I found a polo onesie online. I think though I'd have better luck looking at thrift stores than paying full price for new stuff.

I wonder if American Girl cargo or sweat pants would be too small or just right? Those are thick dolls aren't they?
Trethowan

Postby jemlovecraft » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:27 am

Oh... mah... GAWD.
(I cracked up when you mentioned his name, since I'm also a Jim and I couldn't be more of a polar opposite to this guy if I tried.)

I think you could look for and tailor 80cm* doll clothing for him, since the size is gaining in popularity. Anything loose on a Spiritdoll Herculean would work for a Granado Titan, based on measurements (they're about the same height, but the Herculean is thinner all over).
American Girl dolls are pretty thick, but most likely not thick enough. I can measure one of my girl's waist/hip/thigh/calf circumference and leg length tomorrow if you'd like. I know for a fact that the pants will be too short, maybe shorts-length, because AG legs are about the same length as a tall MSD. If you're going that route, maybe My Twinn?

*There are also 90cm dolls now. Not to mention Dollmore's 105cm Trinity. There's a 150cm Obitsu and a similarly-sized 1:1 scale Magical Angel doll, and iirc D-Storic has one as well.
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby Trethowan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:45 am

jemlovecraft wrote:Oh... mah... GAWD.
(I cracked up when you mentioned his name, since I'm also a Jim and I couldn't be more of a polar opposite to this guy if I tried.)

I think you could look for and tailor 80cm* doll clothing for him, since the size is gaining in popularity. Anything loose on a Spiritdoll Herculean would work for a Granado Titan, based on measurements (they're about the same height, but the Herculean is thinner all over).
American Girl dolls are pretty thick, but most likely not thick enough. I can measure one of my girl's waist/hip/thigh/calf circumference and leg length tomorrow if you'd like. I know for a fact that the pants will be too short, maybe shorts-length, because AG legs are about the same length as a tall MSD. If you're going that route, maybe My Twinn?

*There are also 90cm dolls now. Not to mention Dollmore's 105cm Trinity. There's a 150cm Obitsu and a similarly-sized 1:1 scale Magical Angel doll, and iirc D-Storic has one as well.

Hey, cool. Thanks for the resources and ideas. :-)

Most of my dolls are my polar opposites too! And I should make this statement: Suck it, Bulldogs! I'm a Vols fan. teehee It suits the character, so I can tolerate some Georgia gear in my house. But only for Jim's sake.

Since Jim is your opposite his forum name would be GYM-lovecraft. hehehe.. cause, the gym, love... ok... yeah. I'm lame.
Trethowan

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 am

There is also the plush animal clothing option. Try Build-a-Bear although some of it may be too cutesy for him .
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Trethowan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:There is also the plush animal clothing option. Try Build-a-Bear although some of it may be too cutesy for him .

I could make so many bear jokes right now...
Trethowan

Postby Trethowan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Yay, pictures finally happened today. The wee one actually took a long enough nap for me to eat, wash the bottles, AND take doll pictures!! Oh, and his new Onesie came in the mail. hahaha... I think I'd better cut the collar down a bit. XD

I could have sworn I had more lady dolls in SD. Here are Jillian (BBB Pandora, 60cm), Svetlana (DZ Helen, 62cm), and Ina (50cm Obitsu).

His hand is as big as her face!

Obitsu have wee tiny hands and and feet. Ina looks like a little imp next to him.

Jim standing next to Lee R. Jenkins (ha) He's an Obitsu 55cm.

Personally I think Jim is going to look pretty goofy paired with any doll under 62cm. I think Jillian looks too small next to Ivan, much less Jim.
Trethowan

Re: Granado Titan Comparison Shots (page 2 and 4)

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:46 am

He makes Ina look child like, Jim's arms are really thick.

Svetlana looks like his teenage daughter next to him. :shock:

Thanks for the shots.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale