Go to footer

Amaya ~ Poetic Steampunk (Simply Divine Eve/Soom SG Hybrid)

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Amaya ~ Poetic Steampunk (Simply Divine Eve/Soom SG Hybrid)

Postby earthspirits » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Introducing Amaya ~ my Steampunk girl. Her name in Japanese means "night rain". She's a hybrid girl (Simply Divine Eve head on a Soom Super Gem Body, which works perfectly in combination). I absolutely love this sculpt, and had a wonderful time painting and photographing her.

Amaya (Simply Divine Eve / Soom SG hybrid)
Face-up & other aesthetics by earthspirits (me)
Stockings: Beachgirlnikita
Black Top hat: Julienne Stewart
Brown Top hat: Bloofog
Cream wig: eclipse21
"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
earthspirits
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Amaya ~ Poetic Steampunk (Simply Divine Eve/Soom SG Hybr

Postby richila » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:43 am

Amaya is absolutely lovely.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 am

Oh wow, she's absolutely beautiful!!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Cat ^..^ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:25 am

wow. O_O Earthspirits: Eve looks really great. O_O ♥
Cat ^..^
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby stinesculpture » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:14 am

Ahhhh, she looks wonderful, and your photography is simply breathtaking. The face up is great, it really suits her. The photos are so soft and gentle, I admire your skill.
stinesculpture

Postby Vycem » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 am

Wow. That is....wow. That is really amazing. I really need toward to do faceups.

Can I ask what made you pick that body and head, what your thoughts and opinions are? I'm new to the hobby so I haven't even heard of these makers
Vycem
i see dead dolliehs

Postby earthspirits » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:00 pm

richila wrote:Amaya is absolutely lovely.

Thank you, richila!

Evelien wrote:Oh wow, she's absolutely beautiful!!

And thank you very much, Evelien!

Cat ^..^ wrote:wow. O_O Earthspirits: Eve looks really great. O_O ♥

Thanks, Cat!

stinesculpture wrote:Ahhhh, she looks wonderful, and your photography is simply breathtaking. The face up is great, it really suits her. The photos are so soft and gentle, I admire your skill.

Thank you! I'm pleased you like Amaya, and my photos...I love the Eve sculpt! She was a delight to paint, and is so much fun to photograph! : D

Vycem wrote:Wow. That is....wow. That is really amazing. I really need toward to do faceups.

Can I ask what made you pick that body and head, what your thoughts and opinions are? I'm new to the hobby so I haven't even heard of these makers

Thank you so much, Vycem. : ) And I'm always happy to help.

I enjoy "putting together" a doll that is just the right resin avatar for my own story characters. The process of choosing just the right head, body, costuming, and accessories increases my enjoyment of the hobby, and helps me "bond" with a doll. And since I'm also an artist, my favorite way to "bond" is to paint them. And of course photograph them, in interesting and artistic settings.

Regarding the choice of body for Amaya: I've been a Soom enthusiast for a long time, so that's one of my favorite body styles. I really like the stately 65cm height, and the shapeliness of the Soom bodies, as well as their urethane colors and quality. I added the "new" style Soom double jointed elbows/lower arms to this body, which helps quite a bit with posing, and since I love jointed hands (they are so much fun to play with!), I gave my girl a pair of Dollzone ones.

The Eve head...well, I've fallen in love with Simply Divine's sculpts. It all started with Nicholas, my avatar guy, who is a Simply Divine Harlequin. There's something truly magical about Simply Divine's sculpts. They're very beautiful and realistic (I love realism). They also photograph well, and are expressive, with the ability to "channel" a variety of moods.

In this particular case, Eve was the perfect avatar for Amaya, a rather hard-to-"shell" character of mine. The minute I saw the blank Eve head, I just "knew' she would be Amaya. Oh, and the Eve head is also designed to fit on Soom Super Gem bodies, so for me, it was a win / win situation all around. :)

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
earthspirits
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale