Go to footer

site for plush animal identification?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

site for plush animal identification?

Postby quidam » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:56 am

Does anyone know of a website that helps with identifying plush animals?
I have been trying to find out the manufacturer of an older plush I have and have had no luck with image searches. I'm hoping there might be a site out there that can help, and since there are so many toy people on this board, I thought someone here might be able to point me in the correct direction.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: site for plush animal identification?

Postby Eseme » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:43 pm

You can try http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/ for 80's and 90's toys. It is nostalgia overload!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby quidam » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:23 pm

Thanks Eseme!
A quick look at their plushie section didn't turn up anything. I might try their forums later. I'm not holding my breath, as it doesn't really fit the type of toys that seem popular on the site, and is possibly older than the 80's. But it doesn't mean that someone there won't know what it is!

It is a fun site to look at though!

It might be helpful if I add that this is more toward the "classic" stuffed animal, and not a "popular" toy line type of stuffed animal.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:15 pm

You can also try Ebay. Ok, I know that sounds weird, but I've identified multiple things there by just doing a search for the most basic term like "plush bear". Just remember that plushies are also referred to as "stuffed" animals. If there is something really unique about the toy - like it's a blue squirrel, then include that unique color in your search. You may not find it first try, but go back occasionally and you never know when the exact item will appear and you'll have your name!

And feel free to post an image here. After all, we do have a section for non-doll toys and that would include plushies. and as the official who runs the place, I have no issue with it :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Eseme » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:21 am

You are welcome. I'm sorry it didn't have what you needed, but it is a great site.

Good luck!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby quidam » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:39 am

Thanks, Greyhaunt! Fantastic idea!

I tried Etsy first, figuring they have less to sort through for that kind of thing, and found an updated version, which gave me better searching terms to find the correct one on ebay!
So, my previously unknown sheep is a Woolrich Company advertisement sheep. Now, onward to figure cleaning care and possibly the year she was made. (though I may have to settle for pre-82' in that area)

I never really thought of using those sites for identification purposes...

And I forgot about our plushie section. I'll have to post her in there later, and brag on her a bit. She is basically one of the most sturdy stuffed animals I have ever seen, and the old gal deserves a little bit of bragging on! :D She was certainly made to last!
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!