Go to footer

Ever thought of insuring your dolls?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Ever thought of insuring your dolls?

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:06 pm

I hate to admit that I hadn't thought about my dolls when we renewed our renter's insurance last year. . . . :oops: I will be sure to add them when we get our house, though (which, hopefully, won't be too terribly much longer).
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby elfgirlkaname » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:20 pm

I should probally get dolly insurance too >>
I'm at 3,160 just from the base prices and I have an LE so including that and clothes and things.. I should probally get insurance...
do you know how much insurance runs? ... maybe it'll wait till I get a better job D:
elfgirlkaname

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:26 am

elfgirlkaname wrote:I should probally get dolly insurance too >>
I'm at 3,160 just from the base prices and I have an LE so including that and clothes and things.. I should probally get insurance...
do you know how much insurance runs? ... maybe it'll wait till I get a better job D:

Renters insurance is usually pretty cheap - particularly if you can get it through your car insurance agency. I'm not sure how much extra it will be for me with my dolls because I'm insuring them as a separate entity (so to speak). I should find out tomorrow when I go meet with my insurance agent and sign all the paperwork.

I still need to find out from her if I estimate value based on what I paid, or what they sell for since I got several through some extremely good deals below their cost....
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby elfgirlkaname » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:18 am

ok thanks greyhaunt! I'm just worried it would cost me more than 300$ a year which is what I pay for car insurance(I got a really good deal)
elfgirlkaname

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:09 am

elfgirlkaname wrote:ok thanks greyhaunt! I'm just worried it would cost me more than 300$ a year which is what I pay for car insurance(I got a really good deal)

Oh my - no, nothing nearly that expensive! Probably between 20 - 25 dollars a month max, possibly less. Just depends on how much coverage you take :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Linteia » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:02 pm

I keep a pretty close eye on how much my dolls cost me, accessories and doll bodies themselves, as well as man hours and supplies. It's not for insurance reasons (I only have a little over $500 in dolls), but for assessment purposes. It drives hubby crazy. :lol:
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby arrowchild » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:00 pm

I've thought about it before, but haven't gotten around to it...I really should!
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby tirsden » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 am

Yep, it's now part of my apartment insurance and well honestly the dolls are about all I have that are worth anything. I intended to get apartment insurance as soon as I moved almost two years ago anyways and kept forgetting, then found out it was a requirement on my lease (a year and a half in... oops?). The scary part is knowing I should be upping the coverage past $10,000 soon......

(seriously, how the fr0g did this happen... oh right, disability backpay. ya only live once!)
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'