Go to footer

Those times when they just won't pose!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Those times when they just won't pose!

Postby ChelseaWhiteArt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 am

I don't know if this really counts but I have this part rubber part resin, posable figure of the queen Alien from "Aliens", I used to have Riply in her forklift suit too but that went into another person's science fiction collection a few years back.

Well, Queeny and Riply were often used for stop motion stuff, and it was a pain to get that awkward shaped alien to stand properly because most of her weight was in that huge crest and head. I would often give up and string her up by the head with fishing line to get her to stand and hold weight properly. It worked very well and if the line showed in any of the shots I could edit them out with ease in gimp or photoshop, however I'm not sure that fishing line around the neck would really do any good an Obitsu, BJD, anything human shaped and with so many moving joints. I think Queeny has a grand total of six moving parts, and they don't even have a very wide range of movement.
ChelseaWhiteArt
i see dead dolliehs

Postby myotishia » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Hehe. All I can see is alien faceplant XD

My smallest doll doesn't pose. He sits how he sits and there's no point in arguing. At the moment he looks like he's sucking his thumb.
The next one up, a yosd size girl, plays up some days. She tends to refuse to stand and bend her knees or hips. And it isn't a tightening issue as she's strung pretty tightly. She's just fussy.

The first time Autumn fell I nearly had a heart attack. The camera hit the floor as did I . I caught her but couldn't help feeling as if she were laughing at me. XD
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Postby Trethowan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Ivan refuses to cooperate with just about anything, but particularly posing. I have to get really tricky with that hardhead.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby myotishia » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

I usually end with bribing them. If you pose I'll make you a new dress. Promise.
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Postby tirsden » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 pm

myotishia wrote:Hehe. All I can see is alien faceplant XD

...where's the Like button? :mrgreen:

Yeah just the other night, Michael and Asura (okay Asura can be testy because his leg-to-hip joints need sueding) had a posing cow at the end of the photoshoot for my latest photostory... probably because they had no idea what I was up to for the main content of the photostory and apparently didn't approve at allll. ^^;; Asura's problems standing actually started at the end of a much older shoot where I realized he didn't agree with my plot that he and Michael couldn't be lovers.

Sometimes it does seem to help to talk to them, either reassure them (if they seem worried about photostory plot lol) or say they're pretty and you want to show everyone how pretty they are, or maybe make them jealous of another doll who is behaving. Sometimes nothing helps, and if it's really bad I get too frustrated and just have to walk away for a while.

*mmm crazy dolly talk, gotta love it* ^.^
tirsden
i see dead dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:33 pm

As I've always said, it's one thing to talk to yourself. It's another when you answer yourself. I think the same can be applied to dolls. It's one thing to talk to them. It's another for them to answer you. XD

My newest doll, Shydran, actually has one leg that's a millimeter or two longer than the other, so getting him to stand is a little difficult. Hopefully getting him some shoes will help with that.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SuniMoon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:49 pm

So, now that I'm trying recreate the whole cast of Godchild (that I care about) in resin, I bought a Dollzone Ying to be my Jizabel Disraeli.
And right out of the box he posed like a dream.... Today?

I try to show my mom how well he stands, without even having to balance him much... And he would nooooot stand.
And now his head won't stay where I put it, and his arms aren't cooperating either.
Jizabel's just being a moody little monster today, really. D:

I says something when Florian, a single jointed Resinsoul boy, is happily posing better than my DZ boy. D;
SuniMoon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'