Go to footer

Mirodoll merged with Magical angel?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Mirodoll merged with Magical angel?

Postby yarwel » Mon May 19, 2014 11:09 am

I noticed today the article on bid collectasy Miro's "new" boy doll is one of magical angel's sculpts so I looked on their website and he's listed under XM(I'm assuming for Xinmeng, Magical Angel's parent toy company) dolls with several other of the magical angel sculpts. There's no announcement about any kind of merger or partnership though which I find rather odd. What do you guys think?
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Mirodoll merged with Magical angel?

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon May 19, 2014 12:40 pm

I think Mirodoll casts the dolls for Magical Angel. I am pretty sure it is kind of like Bobobie and Resinsoul
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Trethowan » Tue May 20, 2014 4:58 am

I'm just going to copy-paste some info from my Mirodoll discussion group over on FB. Normally I'd shorten and paraphrase but I haven't the time yet still wish to share the information.

Big update on Miro's site:
Miro has updated their site to show that the Vivi, William, Robin etc dolls are indeed from a sister company, as where starting to think. The company is called Xingmeng, this is the new page:
http://www.mirodoll.com/index.php?main_ ... x&cPath=29
So that clears up some questions on manufacturing times, etc, for both companies:
Mirodoll is very fast (haven't seen any other company beat them yet) AND Miro has some of their dolls ready to ship at all times. Miro also does many skin colors and color matching (all ranging from +$5 to +$30, depending on the color)
Xingmeng do those lovely hinged feet standard for all their dolls. The dolls come in two skin colors only and the manufacturing time is more average for a Chinese doll company.
All communication still goes through Mirodoll, even for the Xinmeng dolls. And Miro ships the dolls of both companies.

Yes, but they seem to want to be called Xingmeng right now. I do believe something bad happened to MA's site a while back....
May 18 at 10:35am · Like

It got hacked in February but I thought they had it back up. So I guess Magical Angel/Xingmeng and MiroDoll are kinda one company now?
May 18 at 9:07pm · Like

Actually they are really not, and that's been the problem. XM dolls are made at a different factory from Mirodoll. They have different, non-matching, skin tones to Miro and they don't have that super delivery speed that Miro has. People were getting hopelessly confused while we were thinking they were the one company.
Miro is just selling XM dolls as a favor to XM (and a small profit I'm sure). There are a lot of small Chinese BJD comanies that just can handle the actual selling (mostly because of an extreme lack of English) If you go to the Alice's collections shop, you will see dolls from a lot of Chinese companies sold there that in the past handled their own sale on their own site without much customer satisfaction. Most notably DragonDoll and Doll Chateau couldn't speak a word of useful English and whenever people wrote them with questions (simple ones even, but all in English, of course) they just couldn't reply at all.
I'm guessing the same is true of XM. And having Miro sell their dolls for them is a great solution. But we as customers do like to know what we buy and I'm glad Miro is now making it clear: the William and the Vivi, etc. are XM and big guy and bustly girl (Wind & Thunder) etc. with all their color options and fast manufacturing is Miro.
Clarity, finally, I'm really happy!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby yarwel » Tue May 20, 2014 7:04 am

Interesting. That makes much more sense. Though the magical angel site is still up. :geek:
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'