Go to footer

Those times when they just won't pose!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Those times when they just won't pose!

Postby myotishia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:16 pm

After the anime expo last weekend I think Autumn had had enough and would not pose. At all. She wouldn't stand or sit like she usually would. The only picture I got of her was this...

So, have you ever had a day where they just would not play?
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Re: Those times when they just won't pose!

Postby Yanagi-sen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Oh yeah, very memorable day when NAGI... my most awesome, hold a pose like crazy, able to balance when leaned over his knees laughing at Omi... wouldn't even stand. Totally uncooperative. I have no idea what his problem was that evening (I was trying to have them decorate their Xmas tree), but I finally just gave up.
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AthenaSong » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Oh, my BBB Isabella is the worst for posing! I haven't had the time to restring her yet so she still has the traditional BBB funky stringing. Her legs aren't strung tight enough and her arms are strung too tight! I gotta get some cord next time I order from Junkyspot.
AthenaSong

Postby landwhale » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Lol...sounds like they were sulking or just plain tired.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:15 am

Dollieh Dominoes I have those. My recent shoot where they're suppose to be prancing about, somehow the tail of a dragon prop hit one and that doll fell along with her partner and they drag a few more dolls down.

Other than that there's a few outdoor shoots where they don't seem to carry across their usual energy. At least for some shoots I can go back another day.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby myotishia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:03 am

Lol all I can see is:
Dolly 1: If I'm falling I'm taking everyone with meee!
Dolly 2,3 &4: Nooooooooooo!
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:17 am

Yeah... sometimes I can't get Clover to stand up straight without falling over, even though she usually poses like a champ.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby embyquinn » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:07 pm

There are indeed times when Cherry, sweet and cooperative though she usually is, just. Won't. Stand. Up. Wearing the same shoes/boots, the same wig, so it's not a question of balance or position. I'll think I have her balanced perfectly, then the second I take my hand away, she falls over. Usually in the direction of my hand.

It's like she's saying "No, Mama! I don't want to stand by myself! Mama-holding time is NOW!" XD
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:20 pm

embyquinn wrote: I'll think I have her balanced perfectly, then the second I take my hand away, she falls over. Usually in the direction of my hand.

I suspect mine sees it as "Whhheeeee!!!!!!!" *Pakours off the table without safety harness* :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kiki-chan78 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Oh, I remember Erik once didn't want to stand. He found out real fast that I will happily masking-tape his legs in place. Oddly enough, I rarely have problems with most of my dolls anymore. Well, except for when Omi unceremoniously drops his head... right off his body. Stunts like that tend to scare small children. ^.~

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'